Coach Mark Bernardino ha comunicato alla stampa USA i nomi dei nuotatori che entreranno a far parte del team Cavaliers a partire dalla prossima stagione agonistica.
Di seguito il suo endorsement nei miei confronti. Spero di poter ricambiare la fiducia che anche lui pone in me.
Gainesville, Fla. – PK Yonge High School
Gator Swim Club (Jaime Lewis)
– Bronze medalist in 400m free at 2012 European Championships
– Italian U18 national record holder in 200 free
– Member of the 2011 Italian World Junior Championship roster
– Placed fifth in 200m free, 400m free and 4x200m free relay at WJC
– Won the 100m and 200m free at the 2011 European Youth Olympic Festival
– Ranks 74th in the 400m free in the current World Rankings
Short-Course Meters Long-Course Meters
100 Free – 49.71 100 Free – 51.38
200 Free – 1:45.16 200 Free – 1:49.34
400 Free – 3:42.32 400 Free – 3:51.72
Bernardino on D’Arrigo: “Andrea is fresh off of a phenomenal performance at the European Championships. He finished third in the 400-meter short course freestyle, setting a new Italian junior-national 18-and-under record. He’s a very good back-half swimmer and he splits his races very well. He’s a big, strong kid, who has very good underwater skills for such a young athlete. He is a very intelligent student and we are most fortunate to have him in this class. Andrea is really a gem. We feel he has the potential to challenge for a berth on either the Italian Olympic team or the U.S. Olympic team, as he is a dual citizen. He is top of the charts in terms of his ability and we still feel he has a lot of room for growth and improvement.”